Some people claim that the Modular Synthesizer community is just a bunch of wankers who get their jollies by making weird noises while using as many patch cords and blinking multi-colored lights as possible. Well, Greenface Labs has an answer to that…
Introducing The Spankulator
The Spankulator is a WiFi-enabled multi-function Eurorack module. Its main function is to generate a trio of coordinated analog and digital signals called Spanks which can be used in an endless variety of ways; some examples being a sequencer, an envelope generator, or a complex rhythm generator.
- 5 Spank types – Up, Down, Stretch, Toggle and Maytag
- LFO with 3 waveforms – Sine, Ramp Up, Ramp Down
- Reflect – A DVM plus a scalable sample and hold. DC and AC modes
- User Mode – For sending sequences of Spanks and/or LFO bursts
- Settings – For configuration, factory reset, etc.
- 128×64 graphic display enhances usability
- WiFi and Terminal interfaces provide even richer user experiences with the addition of computer resources like a keyboard, display and scripting.
- All settings are stored in Flash memory so that they are retained when power is off
- Selectable Single Shot or Repeat mode
- External Clock mode
- Inputs and Outputs are protected against damage during typical use
- Gate Out – Digital signal that consists of pulses of varying width.
- Tog Out – Digital signal that toggles with the completion of every Spank.
- CV Out – Analog signal (+/- 5 volt) that depends on the Spank type. Usually, it is relative to the pulse width of the Gate Output. This signal’s amplitude is adjusted using the CV Scale control.
- Trigger In – Digital input. Operation is triggered with a 0 to 5 volt transition on this input. This also serves as the External Clock when Ext Clk mode is enabled.
- Sig In – Analog signal input. Range: +/- 5 volt